Monday, January 12, 2009

The Sartorialist - The Book!

So, the reason I was in London last week was to sign the contract and work on my first book!

It will be published by Penguin and be around 500 pages of images with a little writing.

I have received many offers in the past about doing a book, but I held back until I felt the right offer was at hand. This was the right offer.

The main reason I feel so excited about this project is that Penguin will publish the book in paperback, and a special limited-edition "bespoke" version simultaneously. This was very important to me because as a photographer I wanted a beautiful book to showcase my images - but I didn't want to do just another expensive coffee table book that would be too expensive for many of my readers. I think this creative method will be the best of both worlds.

The publishing date, as it stands now, is September 2009 - and will include a small book tour in cities like London, Paris, Dublin, a few cities in Australia, and a few cities in the US. As we get closer I will, of course, keep you updated about the specifics of the tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin