Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Here We Go!!!

So The Sartorialist 2009 starts for me today in London!

I'm in London for a meeting today and then tomorrow I'll do a fitting for my first real "bespoke" suit by Savile Row legends Anderson & Sheppard.

I will try to keep a little diary on the progress of the suit and the some of the issues involved in ordering such a fine work of hand craftsmanship.

Of course my first concern was not about double-breasted or Super 120's - but how much should I workout before my fitting.
Do I want my suit to be for my "Winter body" or my "Summer body"?
I decided i would rather go in at my high weight and come back later for a "bespoke" tweed swimsuit for my summer body (maybe with a matching vest!).

Anyway, after London I will go to Florence for Pitti Uomo and then on the to...well, below is the schedule - or as they say in London "schedule" (I guess you have to hear me say it for that to be funny).

London January 7th - 9th
Florence January 10th - 16th
Milan January 17th - 20th
Paris January 21st - 25th
Stockholm January 26th - 29th
Rome January 30th - February 2nd

It's a long trip but I hope to get lots of great images.

This Sunday I might take the train to Modena and Bologna for the day. Any suggestions for great menswear shops in those two cities?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin