Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Pressure Irons

I don't know how these slipped onto the market without me noticing (oh right, I don't really love to iron), but they sound great.

I used to use an industrial version of this type of iron (Sussman?) for my tailoring classes in college. Since then, though, I have suffered through with low quality commercial irons. It kinda took the fun out of ironing (if there ever was any).

So, does anyone have one of these and what do you think about it?
I am very seriously considering buying one of these so I would love to hear any input.

On a related note, when I go on a big trip that will include Milan I always iron just enough shirts to get there - and then have the shirts pressed at my hotel, the Hotel Principe di Savoia. They do the most incredible shirt pressing ever. Incredible to the point that I had to go down to the laundry room and have them explain how they did it.

Their secret is that they have a big industrial steam iron (in the manner of the irons below), BUT after the steam iron passes over the shirt a blast of cold air comes up from under the shirt and quick sets the pressing.

I have worn shirts for almost a full day with barely a wrinkle anywhere except for high movement spots.

This concept is related to why I keep my aftershave in the vegetable crisper of my refrigerator - but that is a whole different post.


Rowenta Pressure Iron and Steamer $169.99
Continuous high-powered steam is available at the touch of a button making ironing fast and effortless. You'll be smoothing out the toughest of wrinkles and pressing the sharpest of creases. For the sewing enthusiasts, you can easily press seams, smooth fabric and pre-shrink fabrics that can't be washed. The vertical steam option enables you to remove wrinkles from hanging garments or drapes, while the variable steam allows you to adjust steam output based on fabric type. Features an extra-large water tank that holds up to 33 ounces for up to 1 1/2 hours of ironing. Stainless steel soleplate glides easily over clothes and has high scratch resistance. The stable compact base fits on most ironing boards and has an iron rest for convenient storage of iron. 1800 watts. One-year limited warranty.


Rowenta Expert Steam Generator $299.99
Ironing system is perfect for the home, yet provides all the efficiency of commercial ironing systems and the professional quality results. A 6-foot steam hose provides pressure steam on demand, and the compact base and 12-foot power cord provide convenience. Extra-large continuous fill water tank holds up to 33 ounces for up to 1 1/2 hours of ironing autonomy and can be filled any time while in use. The continuous high powered steam is available at the touch of a button and makes ironing fast and effortless. Allows you to smooth out the toughest wrinkles and press the sharpest creases with ease. Vertical steam is ideal for removing wrinkles from hanging garments and drapes, and the stainless steel soleplate provides high performance glide with high scratch resistance. The stable compact base fits most ironing boards. Also features variable steam control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin