Wednesday, August 5, 2009

On the Street.... Sheila Scotter, Melbourne

This lovely lady is Sheila Scotter, one of the first editors of Australian Vogue. I shot her when I was in Melbourne last time for a Saba ad campaign. I've become accustomed to posting photos pretty quickly after I shoot them, so sitting on this shot until its campaign release date has been murder. I didn't get to spend much time with Ms. Scotter, but she is definitely a person I would love to see again when I go back to Melbourne for the book tour. I will say that in the brief time it took to shoot her she oozed intimidating old school charm and a sense of formal elegance. Her mentor was Diana Vreeland - so imagine her with an Australian/English accent.

Apparently the world is rediscovering Sheila, and I am happy to have had a small part in making that happen.

Australian Vogue


Sydney Morning Herald

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin