Wednesday, May 13, 2009

On the Street...... Rolled Shorts, NYC


This weekend I was shooting a story for Style Piccoli using my kids and a few of their friends as models. I shot Isabel as if she was just learning photography, and shot what she would see around a flea market in NYC. The shots came out great, and I will post more when the issue comes out in June-ish.

However, while we were shooting we ran into this young man with rolled shorts.

Rolled shorts - it brings up a question. What is "fashion" versus what is "style?"

Rolled shorts could easily become a trend or fashion, but unless everyone is doing it (I guess in this case) it would be considered personal style.

Whichever it is, I think it looks great but I'm just not a rolled shorts guy. It is not in my personal style catalog - however if rolled shorts became fashionable I would probably consider them more carefully.

As I write this I am realizing that great personal style is made up of a certain percentage of "always" items and methods, mixed with a certain percentage of "sometimes" fashions, and a certain percentage of "nevers".

ummm, deep thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin